Apr 25, 2012

Tip of the Day: Intellisense for MasterPages

How ignorant can you sometimes feel? All the time while working with SharePoint 2010 MasterPages and PageLayouts in VisualStudio, for two years now, I have been cussing the lack of intellisense on those pages on a regural basis. I have even complained about this out loud and asked advice from others - never finding or getting any solution to this.

Then, only last Friday, I was helping out a guy who is relatively new to SharePoint branding and development etc. and had been trying out this and that in VisualStudio to help him get along - and avot! He had found the solution to the problem. Maybe it is old stuff to you already, but it was a life-saver for me!

In the Solution Explorer, right-click on the MasterPage/PageLayout file missing intellisense, select View Markup. That does it, pals!

1 comment:

Sven De Bont said...

Thanks Sanna. That's been bothering me for the past 2 days.